With reference to the famous Sattriya dance, consider the following statements:
Which of the statements given above is /are correct?
With reference to the cultural history of India, the term ‘Panchayatan’ refers to
With reference to India’s culture and tradition, what is ‘Kalaripayattu’?
Some Buddhist rock-cut caves are called Chaityas, while the others are called Viharas. What is the difference between the two?
How do you distinguish between Kuchipudi and Bharatanatyam dances?
1. Dancers occasionally speaking dialogues is found in Kuchipudi dance but not in Bharatanatyam.
2. Dancing on the brass plate by keeping the feet on its edges is a feature of Bharatanatyam but Kuchipudi dance does not have such a form of movements.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Consider the following historical places:
Which of the above places is / are also known for mural paintings?
1. an assembly of village elders
2. a religious sect’
3. a style of temple construction
4. an administrative functionary
With reference to the history of philosophical thought in India, consider the following statements regarding Sankhya school:
1 .Sankhya does not accept the theory of rebirth or transrmigration of soul.
2. Sankhya holds that it is the self-knowledge that leads to liberation and not any exterior influence or agent.
Consider the following pairs:
Famous shrine Location
1. Tabo monastery and temple complex Spiti Valley
2. Lhotsava Lhakhang temple, Nako Zanskar Valley
3. Alchi temple complex Ladakh
Which of the pairs given above is/are correctly matched?
1. Sattriya is a combination of music, dance and drama.
2. It is a centuries-old living tradition of Vaishnavites of Assam.
3. It is based on classical Ragas and Talas of devotional songs composed by Tulsidas, Kabir and Mirabai.
Consider the following statements:
1. ‘Bijak’ is a composition of the teachings of Saint Dadu Dayal.
2. The Philosophy of Pushti Marg was propounded by Madhvacharya.
With reference to the Indian history of art and culture, consider the following pairs:
Famous work of sculpture Site
1. A grand image of Buddha’s Mahaparinirvana with numerous Ajanta
celestial musicians above
2. A huge image of Varaha Avatar (boar incarnation) of Vishnu, Mount Abu
as he rescues
3. “Arjuna’s Penance” /”Descent of Ganga” sculpted Mamallapuramon the surface of huge boulders
Which of the pairs given above is/ are correctly matched?
A community of people called Manganiyars is well-known for their
With reference to Dhrupad, one of the major traditions of India that has been kept alive for centuries, which of the following statements are correct?
Select the correct answer using the codes given below :
A popular feature of Mughal period was ‘Naqqar Khana’. What is it?
1. Dhrupad originated and developed in the Rajput kingdoms during the Mughal period.
2. Dhrupad is primarily a devotional and spiritual music.
3. Dhrupad Alap uses Sanskrit syllables from Mantras.
Samsara’ is associated with which of the following
Select the correct option
With reference to Koodiyattom, consider the following statements
1. It is a classical Tamil theatre tradition, believed to be 2000 years old
2. This art form is played with music and dance along with natya.
3. It is officially recognized by UNESCO as a Masterpiece of the oral and intangible heritage of humanity.
Identify the correct statements?
In the context of cultural history of India, a pose in dance and dramatics called ‘Tribhanga’ has been a favourite of Indian artists from ancient times till today. Which one of the following statements best describes this pose?
1. Ajanta Caves
2. Lepakshi Temple
3. Sanchi Stupa
Lord Buddha’s image is sometimes shown with the hand gesture called ‘Bhumisparsha Mudra’. It symbolizes
Consider following pairs
With reference to the history of Indian rock-cut architecture, consider the following statements:
With reference to India’s culture and tradition, what is “Chenda”?
Consider the following languages:
Which of the above has/have been declared as ‘Classical Language / Languages’ by the Government?
With reference to “Sankirtana”, consider the following
1. Ritual singing, drumming and dancing of Manipur
2. It encompasses an array of arts performed to mark religious occasions and various stages in the life of the Vaishnav people of Manipur plains.
3. It is practiced at the centre of a temple, where performers narrate the lives and deeds of Krishna through songs and dance
4. It is inscribed on the Representative List of the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
Incorrect statement is/are
Ibadat Khana at Fatehpur Sikri was